1. Can you tell us a little bit about the band for those that have never heard of you before?
Minblod is a new project that I began after forming an affiliation with Humid Records. I am the sole composer and performer. All of the material is recorded in my simple home studio.

2. How would you describe your musical sound?
I think that it would not be inaccurate to say that Minblod may be described as an integration of the black and doom metal traditions. However, I do not attempt to adhere to any specific category. There are elements of my music that violate the definitions of either genre. However, the intentionally primitive production quality is commonly found in both black and doom metal. Rather than attempt to ensure that each component is clearly distinguishable, I prefer that my music be experienced as a cohesive aggregation of darkness and despair. The atmosphere is prioritized over any other consideration.

3. What are some of the themes and concepts the band brings out with the music?
Apparition and Aberration is an exploration of epistemic limitations. So called knowledge is merely a collection of propositions related only to subjective perceptions. The true nature of existence is never directly experienced. This nihilistic realization invalidates any notions of transcendental epistemology.

4. What is the meaning and inspiration behind the band's name?
Minblod represents the perpetual condition of subjectivity. Because consciousness is dependent on referential content, an individual is never able to acquire any absolute truth. Rather, the subject must construct artificial theories in order to interpret any meaning. While the accuracy of these representations may be increased through the assessment of hypotheses, it is not possible to possess absolute knowledge. Although false concepts may be eliminated by contrary evidence, a universal theory is never proved by a particular experience.

5. Has the band been able to play live or is this strictly a studio project?
In collaboration with Edward Newman, I have previously played live under the title of my previous project, Distorted Cognitions. However, I prefer to create an atmospheric experience that is really only possible in recordings. As of now, without some unforeseen circumstance, Minblod will not play live.

6. Currently you are signed to Humid Records, how did you get in contact with this label and how would you describe the support they have given you so far?
Initially, my previous project contributed to the first volume of the Humid Records Sampler. After that they expressed interest in working together on future releases. I like working with them. Humid Records is a small underground label that is supportive of the artists. They allow creative freedom and do not attempt to impose any restrictions on artistic expressions.

7. Worldwide, how has the feedback been to your music by fans of black and doom metal?
While feedback has been limited, it has mostly been positive. In the past, a few blogs have given good reviews of my previous music. I have also traded with several labels over the years. I am always open to trades. I encourage anyone who is interested to contact me.

8. Are there any other projects besides this band or is this a full time line up?
For now, I am focusing exclusively on Minblod. I am pretty sure that I am finished with Distorted Cognitions. However, I may do something with that series in the distant future. I am not completely opposed to the possibility of collaborating with someone else at some point, but typically I prefer to work alone. Maintaining total control over my music allows me to shape every element. I do not have to compromise. 

9. What direction do you see your music heading into on future releases?
It seems as though my music has been progressing in the direction of slower and longer works. The material that I have been working on most recently places more emphasis on synthesizer contributions. I think that this adds more depth to the atmosphere. Although Apparition and Aberration does contain keyboards, they are mostly supplemental to the guitar on this release. In the future, the keyboard will likely be more prominent. I do not know if Minblod will ever completely abandon the metal genre as is common for aging black metal artists. It is sufficient to say that, if that type of development does occur, it will not be in the near future.

10. What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
In the beginning and to this day, Burzum remains one of my favorites. The influence that Varg's music has had on me is unquestionable. Although other musicians may have initially pioneered the black metal genre, to me, Varg was the first to really produce this type of music with such a profound atmosphere. Though he would likely deny it, I think that Varg is the single person who has had the most impact on black metal. While others were focused on being 'evil' and 'brutal', Burzum created something that transcended the existing model of corpse paint and gore lyrics. Also, while I do not agree with many of his political opinions, I do appreciate his insights regarding ancient folklore.
More recently, I enjoy the music of the various blackened subgenres. For a short list in no particular order, I often listen to: Leviathan, Xasthur, Sapthuran, Paysage d'Hiver, Lantlos, Darkspace, and Nortt. Most recently, I have been listening to quite a bit of Moloch, and the new Elysian Blaze album.

11. Does Occultism play any role in the music?
The nihilistic denial of the presence of any truth in subjectivity is surely a principle that only a small population are ready to accept. While I do not advocate any type of religious faith, I do maintain a general reverence for chaos and irrationality. Humanity is so satisfied with logical truth and subjective rationality. While I agree that this type of thinking may be the most appropriate method of assessment and understanding, the assumption that existence must necessarily conform to the artificial presuppositions of humanity is an example of arrogance and ignorance.

12. Outside of music what are some of your interests?
I am a graduate student of psychology. I also pursue other studies in a variety of disciplines, but I mostly focus on philosophy and the sciences. Most recently , I have been studying philosophical works related to epistemology and existentialism. 

13. Any final words or thoughts before we wrap up this interview? 
It may sound paradoxical that a student of the sciences celebrates chaos and irrationality. However, all scientists should realize the limitations of their epistemic foundations. While the scientific method is the only way to construct valid interpretations of objectivity, the resulting perceptions do not necessarily contain any truth. While inductive generalizations enable descriptive attributions, theories are not valid definitions of existence. This criticism does not deny the functionality of science. Rather, the perpetual state of uncertainty is what motivates the continuous deductive assessment of subjective concepts.
Also, I want to thank Occult Black Metal Zine for providing me with the opportunity to participate in this interview