Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Bubonic Cult Interview

1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the musical project?

Hail 333! Bubonic Cult is a Raw Black Metal act with quite orthodox ideology and musical aspects; it was founded in the 2015 when I left some band/projects I was part from, I start to write the songs and was looking for members, but there are no people in this region I live interest in make part of such a project like Bubonic Cult, so I said to myself, I going to make this shit all by myself, and recently a bubonic host was consecrated, which is Negative Aura of Satanic Energy! 



2.Recently you have released an ep, how would you describe the musical sound that is present on the recording?

Four rustic jewels of raw black metal exhaling stench of death and negativity… Good riffs, harsh atmosphere, disturbing lyrics… if you pay attention to this details and feel this as a whole, Negative Aura of Satanic Energy can be a real good shit!



3.The lyrics deal a lot with Satanism, Chaosophia, and Death, can you tell us a little bit more about your interest in these topics?

I’m into this kind of obscure philosophy for I long time now, I was always walking the left hand path and the clerical opposition ways, Bubonic Cult is an exaltation of all this sinister aspects and

A canalization to the darkest energies from cosmos chaos and duality, Death is the great adjudicator and the key and the lock for all human questions, and it reflects on Bubonic Cult as a real Idol worshipped by misanthropic aspects of negativism and hate.



4.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Bubonic Cult'?

The inspiration was the bubonic plague and all death and horror it brought to earth! Bubonic Cult could be interpreted as a cult to the raw and harsh the disgusting and the disturbing, it also fit in the musical direction, a negative and satanic soundscape of terror to the faith of humankind. 



5.With this project you record everything by yourself, are you open to working with other musicians or do you prefer the solo route a lot more?

I tried to form a full band, but here there’s no one interested in be part from a project such as Bubonic Cult, so I ended up doing everything by myself, and  after all of this and all that happened in the past when I was back stabbed by the band I was a member, I choose I’ll from now on keep Bubonic Cult a solo act, I learned how to work all by myself and it is quite satisfactory and the final results have a very good felling of individualism, it is a whole superior artistic level in my point of view and it’s the best way for me now, but I’m open to work with other musician and other bands, but I have to really trust the person in question, for I’ve become a very selective person.



6.I noticed that when I listened to the music it had a very harsh and raw sound, do you feel this style is missing in most modern black metal?

Well, I think there are some quite good raw black metal bands around the globe, such as Black Cilice, Irae, Herxsebet, Cave Ritual, Vlad Tapes… so I think raw and harsh music still lives on, but of course we are not the majority, but this is not a problem in my point of view, there are not a lot of people interested in our music nowadays, but we still have a very loyal public with integrity and firm musical point of view, I just think that most of the time raw black metal bands are underrated or underestimated… But is something that I don’t complain that much about, if most of the people think raw black metal don’t have place in current “modern black metal”



7.Currently you are unsigned, are you looking for a label or have received any interest?

Indeed, I’m looking for a label, but I look for some special kind of label that really believe in such a thing like Bubonic cult… support is always welcomed, some underground label have shown interest, and that make me feel honored, nothing concrete, but I’m quite positive the physical stuff will be available anytime soon, I just don’t want to work with some label that don’t fit the ideals of Bubonic Cult, mutinous musical interests is a perfect alliance!



8.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of black metal?

The feedback is growing slowly, sometimes is quite disappointing because I don’t want to change my personal believes just to fit in the scene, and in the beginning it seemed to me that my voice was echoing to no one, bandcamp numbers are quite positive today, but the number are not that large, but if I was too worried about it I wouldn’t write this kind of music.  



9.Are you also involved with any other bands or musical projects these days?

No, Bubonic Cult is my only project at moment



10.When can we expect a full length album and also where do you see yourself heading into as a musician in the future?

It is hard to say, I assume it will take some time until Bubonic Cult have some full length released, I’ll focus on now and here, spread Negative Aura of Satanic Energy, and things will work out naturally… my new shit is currently being written now, the songs follow a close approach to the previous one, I don’t look far in the future and I don’t have long term plans, uncompromised raw black metal is my slogan, Bubonic Cult music is consequence of inspiration, do not comes from goals plan



11.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?

Black metal and the atmosphere it bears, I listen to raw, noise, experimental, old school, black metal, also enjoy some doom metal, and classics such as; Black Sabbath, Mercyful Fate… everything that I listen to and I really like is an indirect influence.



12.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?

Thanks for this interview… to your readers; I invite them to check out Bubonic Cult bandcamp: https://buboniccult.bandcamp.com! To experience a total deafening harsh effect of the raw fucking black metal drenched in bloodshed for negative energies! Ω333Ω

No comments:

Post a Comment