Saturday, September 23, 2017

Aeolith Interview

1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the musical project?
Aeolith is a one-man black metal project. I wanted to create something that can reflect my visions and ideas exactly as they are without having to worry about anything else.

2.So far you have released one album, how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the recording?
The best way to describe my sound is to describe an image: imagine being in a dark ancient temple,looking at the stars through a crack on the ceiling, knowing that you are not alone.

3.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects that you explore with your music?
Remnants of a Future Past is based on existing theories about the lost and misunderstood legacy of humanity and expands to the metaphysic and fantastic sides of those theories. A reminder that the future could lie in the past.
4.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Aeolith'?
The name AEolith is derived from three greek words. Aenaos, eos and lithos. Aenaos stands for eternal, eos stands for dawn and lithos stands for rock. These are three key-words for the concept of Remnants of a Future Past .

5.Currently this project is only one person, are you open to working with other musicians or do you prefer to work solo?
As mentioned before, I want AEolith to be my personal project. I am open to working with other musicians but for other projects or as guests.
6.The album is going to be re-issued on 'Heathen Tribes', can you tell us a little bit more about this label?
I am really glad that i was able to re-issue Remnants of a Future Past on Heathen Tribes. It is a label that i was keeping an eye on, even before the debut of AEolith. They have been
really supportive and i hope that i will collaborate with them in the future as well.

7.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of black metal?
It was much better that i expected. When I started composing Remnants of a Future Past
I had nothing in mind besides listening to my own creation. It was just an album created by a guy
with below-average equipment and limited knowledge of music production. Seeing that it had an impact made me realize that I have to be better not only for myself but for others too.

8.Are you also involved with any other bands or musical projects these days?
Yes I am. I am currently working with a greek heavy-epic band, yet to debut. The first album will be released in mid 2018.

9.Where do you see yourself heading into as a musician in the future?
I really don’t know. Right now the only thing i want to do is work hard and improve. I have been playing music for a lot of time and worked with many bands but a solo project is a different story. My ambition is to become better with each work.

10.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
Some of the bands that i have spent a lot of time listening to and consider them to be influences are
Arcturus, Limbonic art, Inquisition, Devil doll and Bathory. Right now i am listening to Thy
darkened shade, Acherontas, celtefog and generally bands from the greek black metal scene.

11.What are some of your non musical interests?
With the little free time i have throughout the day,
I really like reading comic novels, books (mostly horror/fantasy/sci-fi) and gaming. Have you
played mass effect or metal gear solid? Damn! I could make an album out of them.

12.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
I just want to thank you for this interview, Heathen Tribes for their support and most of all I want to thank everyone who has listened to my music. The best are yet to come.

Bandcamp
Facebook
YouTube

1 comment: