Thursday, May 17, 2018

Katari Interview

1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the band?

We came to the surface at the beginning of 2006 with the purpose of making a black metal; singular; crude and poisonous (and we achieve it), with a clearly antagonistic stance towards the repudiable society and its diabolical system.At the moment we have rehearsals, demos, 1 EP and now with our debut album, which is already released.


2.In May you have your first full length album coming out, how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the recording and also how does it differ from your previous demo's, split and ep?

It is sarcastically titled "Ave, Rex Ivdaeorvm" and was made with a larger budget than the previous works, so in terms of sound and editing is notorious ..This album brings themes from previous works and rehearsals that underwent some slight changes, Both, in music and in lyrics, so the final result is a bestiality multiplied.



3.This is your first release in 5 years, can you tell us a little bit more about what has been going on during that time span?

Never rests when creating music is, so all this time were very fruitful for the polishing of these themes and to compose more music, both KATARI and other projects.


4.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects you explore with the music?

Katari takes a strange thematic of desires and twisted dreams (in some cases ,very personal),  taking  total destruction and anti-Christianity as a source of inspiration.



5.From looking at the song titles and band logo I can see a lot of hatred for Christianity, do the band members also have an interest in Satanism and Occultism?

We have zero interest in Satanism or occultism.  we only surrender to the wisdom and beliefs of our ancestors, based on total respect for nature (Pachamama)


6.I know that the bands name means 'serpent' in Quechua-Aymara language, can you tell us a little bit more about your interest in the pre Columbian cultures?

That's right, I'm very passionate about the subject for many years and until now, so much so that I consider myself an Awqa (Warrior) of Tawantinsuyu and far below to consider myself "Peruvian" I am and I will die being a proud son of the sun (INTI)


7.Currently there are only 2 members in the band, are you open to expanding your line up or do you prefer to remain a duo?

Not now, later if we are forced to recruit 2 or 3 support musicians to give live shows.


8.What have been some of the best shows that the band has done so far and also how would you describe your stage performance?

It's been many years since the last time KATARI poisoned an audience, I think all the shows were very good, the bangers always responded in the most insane and blasphemous way.


9.Would you be open to doing more live shows in the future?

Of course, I do not date yet, but at some time Katari will once again destroy scenarios and liquefy brains


10.The new album is coming out on 'From Deepest Records'. can you tell us a little bit more about this label?
F.D.R. is the label of the band created in 2013. Until now r, 2 works have been released "At Peace" (2013) and now with the debut album.

 In the future , the idea is release works of other brothers hordes.


11.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of black metal?

Honestly, it is what I am least interested in reading. I am someone who is not influenced by compliments or criticism.


12.Are any of the band members currently involved with any other bands or musical projects these days?
Yes,  currently  I have 2 separate projects, one named "HAYLLI" that has nothing to do with Black Metal, it's a project that I named it "Inkasic Metal" style,

 I already have a demo released last year, but I only shared it with close comrades, I hope this year I will release a couple of themes that are pending.

My other project has no name, it is only represented by the symbol "∞" (mathematical symbol of infinity) this is an experimental project of guitars and dark basses,

 I do not have demos yet, but for August of this year I will release a good single twisted.



13.Where do you see the band heading into musically during the future?
I only wish to see the serpent (KATARI) materialized in a sculpture made of pure cursed material (rehearsals, demos, EP's etc).

 That is the goal, to poison the whole world with our Black Metal.



14.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
When I composing, I enter a chaotic and nostalgic trance, of music that has always inspired me, bands of different styles such as Los Saicos (Peru),

 Black Sabbath, Mortorhead, Acid, GBH, Mercyful Fate, Possessed, Bathory, Narcosis (Peru), Sodom, Pentagram (Chile), Burial, Blasphemy, etc

And well, lately I'm listening to many rocky oddities of the 60s and 70s, and of course, a lot of world folklore and ambient music.

Long live the damn Internet (hahahaha)



15.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
I just thank you for the interview, and greetings from my cave, very far away ... in the mountains.

SoundCloud

No comments:

Post a Comment